RE: In using Insert F 7, why can't we use Save Target As?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:37:36 -0500

Jim
I'm still very confused by the wording of your message here.  Let me
demonstrate...

At 12:41 AM 4/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, in the message it said he was wondering why we are limited to just
>left  clicking on a lin.  My response was you are not just select move
>to link and go from there.

Huh?
I'm still extremely confused by what you're trying to say here.

when you say: "you are not just select move
to link and go from there", are you trying to say that, in your experience
with JAWS, that you do not have to first press insert plus f7 which opens
up the select a link list, and then tab over to the move to link button and
press the space bar to get to the save target as...option, or are you
trying to say that
left clicking on the link instead gets you to the save target as option?
when I say right clicking, I am talking about hitting the context menu key,
which is located 2 keys to the left of the left arrow key. I'm not
referring to the right mouse button. On my system, the menu items i spoke
about,
back, forward, save background as..., set as background, copy background,
set as desktop item and all the rest, appear in the menu simply by pressing
the context menu key when focused on the link to download an mp3 file, or
another file to download.  To get to the save target as and other items I
must first bring up the list of links with insert plus f7. then, when when
focused on the link to download the mp3 file, I must then tab over to the
move to link buttonn and press the space bar, which then focuses JAWS on
the actual  link.  This is clearly a focus issue because JAWS is able to
see the link and read it properly, but it's still focused on the
other  areas of the screen when it comes to actually focusing on the right
portion of the screen.
So it's a focus issue. This is how it is in my experience, and what myself
and others are trying to say is, we wish we didn't have to take that extra
step I.e. pressing the move to link button in order to get to the save
target as option when Window-eyes lets you get to this option simply by
hitting the context menu key. No finding a button to press, it simply
brings you right there.