RE: Impossible Web Site

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 05:41:32 -0400

Cher,

You asked:
"So, do you think that that one page is all there is and that you can't
link to pre-owned or new or any words on the screen?  We tried
simulating mouse actions with the JAWS cursor, but that did not work
either.  Sometimes we could see the content in the main frame, but
sometimes it was empty."

You may be able to use Google to reach other pages at that auto dealer's web
site. To tell Google to search for key words or phrases at that web site,
you need to use the "site:" command in the Google search field, followed by
the Internet address, and then the key word or phrase. Here's an example:

site:rivergatetoyota.com pre-owned

The above command would look for any occurrence of "pre-owned" in any of the
pages at that Internet address, and then you can click on any of the results
and go to that page, bypassing that troublesome start page.

Alan