RE: IE 7

  • From: "Kelly Ford" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 05:33:14 -0800

Vicki,

IE7 RSS functionality allows for basic feed detection on web pages and
subscription to the feeds and then a basic RSS reader or one page view as we
call it.  JAWS enhances this a bit by announcing when a page has an RSS
feed.

IE7 indicates that a feed is detected by lighting up a feeds button.  You
can turn on an audio indication of feeds by going to internet options,
content and feed settings.

To use RSS functionality in IE7 here one example you can try.

1. Navigate to a web page that has a feed.
2. Press alt+j to access the menu of feeds directly.
3. Press enter on a feed that interests you.  At this point you are on the
one page view for the feed.
4. If you want to subscribe to the feed press ctrl+d or activate the
subscribe button on the page.
5. To review feeds that are subscribed, press ctrl+j to see a list of feeds.
Those that have new content will have the word "new" added to their names.

Kelly

  _____