Re: IE 7

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:07:40 -0500

MessageIf you go to the Microsoft Updates page, you can uncheck the IE7
download and accept the other security updates. However, if you have set your
PC's control panel to accept automatic updates, you will first need to go back
to the control panel and choose another option. I selected the one that has MS
notify you of pending updates and gives you a choice whether to download.
Otherwise, the option to uncheck downloads isn't available on the website.

Once you uncheck an item, it will be hidden until you choose to download it. A
link on the website makes it easy to restore a download option.

In my case, I've unchecked the IE7 download on the website and returned to
automatic updates. The most recent set of security updates had one for Internet
Explorer, but it didn't require installation of IE7 and didn't force one.

As for whether JAWS 7.1 works with IE7, there have been conflicting experiences
on this list. I don't recall reading any reports yet of how JAWS 8.0 is working
with it.

A.S.