Re: Accessible Dictionary

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:24:11 -0500

Dave,

I'll copy two lists of data from the MyComputer area. First, mine says:

Size: 2 MB (25,241,603 bytes)
Size on disk: 24.1 MB (25,284,608 bytes)
Contains: 18 Files, 1 Folders

Remember, I didn't install the multimedia files. Our fellow lister, who apparently chooses anonymity here, reports the following:

Size: 509 MB (533,972,674 bytes)
Size on disk: 509 MB (534,028,288 bytes)
Contains: 24 Files, 0 Folders

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Mitchell" <dmitch44@xxxxxxx>

Hi Adrian,  What is the size of this Random House dictionary, if you know.
Thanks, Mitch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello All:

I received a call from someone that runs JAWS and is looking for an
accessible dictionary that he can install on his computer. He bought one
from Best Buy and is not able to use it with JAWS, even using the mouse
keys. So, if any of you have any suggestions for an accessible dictionary
that will work with JAWS and where to get it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician Adaptive Technology Center Chicago
Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AIM Screen Name: tclhelp

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the