Re: AVG

  • From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:27:28 -0500

Avg has a free version. The saying: you get what you pay for. Norton
antivirus is a lot better than the free version of avg. I would venture to
say that Norton is probably better than the paid version of avg. A lot of
people do not keep their norton antivirus updated. A lot of people just rely
on the automatic updates. You can not do that. You have to use the live
update. I used the free version of avg. After it let the same virus into my
computer twice I switched to Norton Internet security. Yes I kept my avg
updated. I checked for updates everyday, and it still let the klez virus in
twice. When I installed the Norton Internet Security I never once got a
virus. That is because I used the live update everyday. I can't tell you why
there are updates that the automatic update doesn't get. Maybe someone else
can, but that may be why some people hate the Norton antivirus. Actually
this concept holds true with any antivirus program. You should always check
for updates everyday. To me the key is do! not! rely! on automatic updates
to keep your virus definitions updated. So, my advice would be to use the
2005 antivirus program or Norton. There was a survey don by pc magazine, and
the Norton antivirus did a way better job than the avg. I don't remember the
numbers, but for safety go with Norton! Hope this helps.