[jawsscripts] Re: Text Editor & Scripts

  • From: "Geoff Stephens" <geoffslists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:13:57 -0500

Larry Marcotte wrote:
> I have had to revert to using WordPad instead of NotePad for JAWS to
> read next paragraph when using the ControlDownArrow key sequence.
> I wonder why this problem does not occur with Jaws 9 yet it happens
> with JAWS 10.

It will work if you turn on advanced edit support, but that introduces so
many other problems that it's probably best just to change to a different
text editor.  There are quite a few serious problems with JAWS 10.  I
thought when they introduce the magical automatic updates feature, these
kinds of problems would be corrected more quickly.  Guess not.  One of the
more obvious problems when you enable advanced edit support is that selected
text is not read after it is selected.  This can be more frustrating than
the inability to read by paragraph.