[jawsscripts] Re: Script for getting color at mouse pointer location?

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:18:24 +1100

Hi Saylien ,

the below script was compiled & tested in JAWS 10. It should work in JAWS
13.

- just test & re-arange it for your needs...?

Regards,

Paul from Australia

Script GetTheColor ()

var

STRING sTextColor,

STRING sBackgroundColor,

STRING sTextToPaste

LET sTextColor = ColorToRGBString (GetColorText ())

LET sBackgroundColor = ColorToRGBString (GetColorBackground ())

LET sTextToPaste = "The text color at the active cursor was " + sTextColor
+"\R\N"

+ "The background color at the active cursor was " + sBackgroundColor +
"\R\N"

; this part was not part of your request, but added to clarify the output

LET sTextToPaste = sTextToPaste + "The active cursor was the " +
stringChopRight (GetActiveCursorName (), 6) + "\R\N"

+ "The character at the active cursor was '" + GetCharacter () +"' \R\N"

CopyToClipboard (sTextToPaste)

SayString ("color details ready to paste")

EndScript