[jawsscripts] Re: Script for getting color at mouse pointer location?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:33:22 -0700

The function u want is GetColorAtPoint(int x, int y) where x & y are
the row & column coordinates. GetCursorCol() & GetCursorRow() can be
used to obtain the current coordinates.

On 1/29/12, Saylien Brown <saybro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using the latest build of JAWS 13 under Windows 7 Home Edition.
>
> Really hoping someone has created a simple script for getting the
> Background and foreground color at the mouse pointer location. I want
> it to grab the RGB number(#000000) , not the name (Black.) It would
> copy this info to the clipboard, so all I need do is open notepad and
> paste the results there to know what the colors are. I'm going to
> attach this script to a shortcut key, so I can have quick access to
> it whenever I need this info.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com