[jawsscripts] Need your advice on a JAWS scripting challenge

  • From: "Kamil" <ca.kamilimak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:28:40 -0400

Hi all,

I'm dealing with a windows-based application which its whole user interface
is one window (hwnd). It's exposing its controls through MSAA as objects.

The challenge it that even though controls are exposed as MSAA objects, the
object navigation method (accNavigate) has not been implemented at all. This
prevents me from scraping controls starting from the main and only window
handle.

Windows API (oleacc.dll), has an "AccessibleChildren" function which
enumerates all children of an object and returns an object array. I'm
wondering if JAWS 13 provides access to this function.

I'm also open to any other solution to the above challenge.

Cheers,
Kamil