[jawsscripts] Re: Laptop recommendation

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:18:43 -0800

Like I said, I used a program called SharpKeys
(https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/), it works best if the key you are
remapping is not really used for anything else (which is why I chose
the print screen key to become my apps key).

I also used this program when I was trying to make a sun type 6
keyboard workable, that keyboard has a quite different layout of caps
lock, ctrl and alt keys. The only reason I gave up on the type 6 is
that windows simply did not understand all the extra keys it has which
is what I was hoping to use it for.

On 7/19/15, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do you remap the keys?
For example if the laptop doesn't have the Insert key, is it possible to
remap another key to be used as an insert key?
(CapSLock is not a good solution because it requires changing entirely the
way of working).

--Octavian