[jawsscripts] Re: Laptop recommendation

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:42:41 -0800

It's not the high resolution itself that breaks non-DPI aware scripts,
it is setting the display to a DPI setting other than normal (which
is either 92 or 96 dpi, I forget which at the moment).

On 7/17/15, Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

High-resolution laptops can break scripts that run against old,
non-DPI-aware applications. I'm not sure if changing the screen
resolution would fix this because I haven't tried, but I fully expect
that tactic to succeed. I would not tend to avoid a good laptop
because of the high-DPI issues. I am running one of those things right
now. :-)

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 02:22:27AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Hello,

Can you please tell me if the laptops with very high resolution like ~ 1900

x 100 or even ~ 3000 x 2000 dpi can create a problem for JAWS scripts?
Or if we manually set the resolution to something low like 1024 x 768, then

it doesn't matter the max possible resolution of display?

I am searching for a good laptop and I want to know if I should avoid
something.

Thanks.

--Octavian

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx