[jawsscripts] Jaws 13 OCR

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:00:18 -0400

So, have any of you played with the OCR feature in Jaws 13 beta yet?

I managed to register a program last night, whose initial
registration screen was formerly invisible to Jaws. Too bad that
once I registered the program, the rest of the application turned
out to be invisible as well. *LOL*

So far, we can ocr and then read or mouse click on the results.
In what ways could this new information gleaned through OCR be tied
to other Jaws functions? I'm thinking it would be nice to be able
to put the Jaws cursor on part of the OCR results and transfer the
text into the graphics labeler, for example.

Chris