[jawsscripts] Re: JAWS ini functions

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 23:00:39 +1000

Hi Sean,

Until Jaws 6, I found they all worked perfectly, brilliantly well actually,
but from version 6 I had to rewrite routines that used more than just a few
INI functions in quick succession, such as in a while loop.

I still use the INI functions where only a few, 2 or 3, are needed in quick
succession.

The problem was that they were no longer reliable, if more than a few were
used immediately after each other.
Sometimes 20 or 30 INI reads in quick succession would work correctly, &
sometimes not.

I replaced multiple INI write or INI read with JAMAL's object method of
writing or reading entire text files.

Not only did I regain 100% reliability, but it turned out to be faster to
organise all the information I was going to write in multiple INI writes
into one string, & do a single write to a text file using Jamal's text file
writing method, but it was faster.

* I would be most interested in how you wrote your own, if you dont mind
sharing...

Regards,
Paul from Aust