[jawsscripts] Re: An Excel script

  • From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:46:34 -0300

That's also what I would like to know.
I want to implement a kind of monitor cell that is relative to the
line one currently is placed, so that if they are whatching for
collumn t for example they can be anywhere in line 2 and pressing a
keystroke the t2 cell would be read and if they are in anywhere in
line 135 and press the same command the t135 cell will be read and so
on.
I can code a function like numberToLetter and use it, but cinse JAWS
can say the coordinates of a given cell then I also can use this
information in my scripts. We just need to figure out or be helped as
to how to get this information.
Marlon

2009/9/10, Reed Poynter <reed.poynter@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Scripters,
>
> In Ms Excel 2003, there is a Go To dialog where you can select blocks of
> data based on a top left and a bottom right cell.
> For example, in a spreadsheet, you hit F5 and specify A1:G6 and hit enter.
> The block of data is selected.
>
> I want to be able to do the following.
> Go to the top left cell and hit a key to save its coordinates, go to the
> bottom right cell, hit a second key to save its coordinates, put the 2 saved
> coordinates together in a string and put it into the go to dialog.
>
> I don't know of anything in Excel that will do this for me.  So, I thought
> I'd write a JFW script to do it.
>
> I think my process would be to, with a hot key, save the coordinates of the
> top left cell to the clipboard,
> With a second hot key, capture the bottom cell coordinates, and put them
> together into a string with the first coordinates once retrieved from the
> clipboard.
> Save this new string to the clipboard,
> Open Excel's Go To dialog and paste in my coordinates.
>
> My first problem is having the script determine the cell coordinates.
> Looking through the functions in the Script Manager, the only guy I see is
> GetCellCoordinates.
> If I am sitting on cell A5,  GetCellCoordinates (x, y) returns integers 1
> and 5.
> I need something that will give me a5.
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks.