[jaws-uk] Re: Strange behaviour with I E 7

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:17:19 -0000

OK, I have tried this to the letter and this one is proving stubbornly
unreproduceable with Jaws 8.0.  What is happening on your system definitely
should not be the case, in fact Jaws should be able to remember the actual
position on the web page you left after highlighting your text copying and then
pasting it into motepad when you return to IE7.
In most cases the IE7 menubar is not visible until you press the alt key whichi
activates the menu bar and makes it appear on screen from its otherwise hidden
position (although this can be changed it is not important for Jaws users to
do).  I have a theory which you could try which is to use the escape key when
you hear "menubar" on the return trip back to IE7 and then use the cursor keys,
does this at least give you the web page text again?  This doesn't fully answer
the problem of exactly what is going on but at least we would be closer.

Also have you made any particular custom settings or merge settings from a
previous Jaws installation perhaps?

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology