[jaws-uk] Re: Speech Has Become Very Flaky!

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:23:33 +0100

In this context, "reseating" simply means either pulling the
plug out and putting it back in again, or removing the
soundcard from the PC and putting it back.

Over time, it is possible for connections to come loose.
Cables for example might be stretched, by doing something as
simple as cleaning round the PC.  Boards can come loose due
to variations in temperature, or even vibration.

Dust, animal hairs and all sorts can also be the cause of
poor connections, so it often pays to have someone use
something like an air duster (which is simply a can of
compressed air) to clean out a PC every couple of years or
so.

George.