[jaws-uk] Re: Speech Has Become Very Flaky!

  • From: orhan deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:23:47 +0100

this won't work, why? because defragmenting gets rid of gaps between files in the file alocation table (fat). i would take robbins suggestions, and also, are you using eloquence?

In some soundcards, eloq tends to crackle.

orhan.
On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:02 PM amie.slavin wrote:
Defrag' might help?  Start menu , Accessories submenu, System Tools
submenu, arrow to disc defragmentor.

Hope this isn't too much egg-sucking info - it's what I'd try, but
that proves nothing.  Have had this problem before, though, and
defrag' usually frightens it into at least temporary submition ;)
Hth
Amie