[jaws-uk] Re: Speech Has Become Very Flaky!

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:10:17 +0100

Hi I have just caught up with this thread or the cure, George did say that
dirt and fluff mess up the works and cables get stretched, do you mind
telling me when you say you took the back off,Is this a different part of
your tower than where all those many plugs go in? the back of my Tower is a
mass of plugs for printer scanner and everything . on the side however near
to me is a panel  that is square towards the back but still facing me is a
round  fan area where I can feel cool air coming out, My Viglen Genie has an
arctic Cooling system, it never gets hot, at the  back where all the plugs
are is another similar roundfan air leaving here is a bit warmer it is nearer
to the wall. Now from what you say  you got your poor Mum to do just what?.
I have closely observed when I still had an on site warranty an Engineer
open the side facing me, with gloves on his hands, I heard him put on the
latter he removed the hardrive still wired in and asked me to type, that was
to test if the Drive made as much noise out of the Tower as in. Which it did
and he had to change it. I assume you  not wanting to electrocute your
Mum turned all off at floor level? took of a side panel and used this Air
spray?, did a lot dirt and dust come out? I had thought of making the nozzle
of a hoover  blow air in though the fan or alternately  getting it to suck
dust out this would avoid getting too close to the Hard Drive I assume the spray forces dust out but is there a risk to the wiring inside?, my idea was to suck it out through the fan. No I would make sure a pair of eyes is around first It is the thought of pulling out all the cables at the rear that is off putting
Regards Dorothy..-----
Original Message ----- From: "Darren Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>