[jaws-uk] Re: Problems With Jaws 6.0

  • From: "Scott Wood" <scott.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:10:15 -0000

Hi Caroline

I have not experienced any of the sluggishness/reboot problems you have
mentioned, but I have experienced the alt+tab scenario where Jaws does not
announce the application that has been switched to.

Occasionally, for some inexplicable reason, I am put into the logoff user
dialogue box, but I can just escape out of this, so I haven't worried about
it too much.  This may be similar to the problem you have experienced.  I am
using XP SP1 with JFW6 and it does feel generally more unstable than 5.1.

As you said, some of the new features in V6 are really good, but I am afraid
that this has been at the expense of reliability and stability.  I wouldn't
be surprised if a V6 patch came out soon for some of these problems.

Respectfully ... Scott

T: 0117 955 0605
M: 0787 078 0727
F: 0117 902 5680