[jaws-uk] Re: Problems With Jaws 6.0

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:09:57 -0000

Hi Caroline,

It is essential to try and track down what is causing the
re-boot, which may or may not be caused by JAWS.  We can do
this as follows.

Right click on "My Computer" and select Properties.  Now go
to the Advanced Tab, and down to the "Startup and Recovery"
section of this dialog where you need to click on the
"Settings" button.

This brings up the "Startup and Recovery" dialog.  Go down
to the "System Failure" section, and uncheck "Automatically
Restart".  Click OK.

Now when your system would normally do one of its re-boots,
it will stop and display the error which is causing the
problem.

I'm afraid you may not have speech at this point, so you may
need to get sighted assistance to determine what the error
is and what program is causing it.

George.

reference to a
> Alt+driver
> which is newer than the one I have installed at present,
and
> there will most likely be newer versions even than that,
so
> it's definitely worth trying the upgrade to eliminate
another
> possibility.
>
> I am still having the problem with Jaws 6 where the PC
will
> become sluggish after four hours or so and then re-boot of

> its own accord.  I don't know if graphics drivers could be

> responsible for this or whether there's something more
> fundamentally wrong with the way Jaws 6 behaves on my PC.

> For the first time ever I received the following message
> yesterday when trying to save a large document in Wordpad
> while using Jaws 6:
>
> DDE Server Window: WORDPAD.EXE - Application Error The
> instruction at "0x772b2092" referenced memory at
> "0xfd1dd400". The memory could not be "read".
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program
>
> I will try the graphics update first though and hope that
> this will cure all the problems in one go.
>
> Regards,
>
> Caroline.

**
> ***************************
> This E Mail, with attachments if any, is confidential and
is
> intended solely for the use of the individual or
organisation
> to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> recipient, or have received it in error, please notify the

> originator immediately and delete it from your system. You

> should not use, copy, alter or disclose the contents of
this
> message. All information contained in or opinions
expressed
> in this E Mail is that or are those of the author and are
> expressly not that or those of North Lincolnshire Council
who
> will not accept any liability for or arising in any way
from
> the contents thereof. North Lincolnshire Council accepts
no
> responsibility for loss or damage howsoever arising from
the
> E Mail's use, including from a Virus.

**
> The average family throws out six trees worth of paper a
year
> - respect the environment and green by example; only print

> out this e mail and/or attachments if you have to. Thank
You.