[j-say list] Re: Jaws hp scanner problem

  • From: Andrew Muirhead <Andrew@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:24:14 -0800

Hi ,

I appreciate everyone's input in assisting me with this problem.  I wanted to
follow-up and provide my solution to the problem.  It has taken my client
awhile to get in a position for me to do a complete rebuild of his system.
Currently I have installed Jaws 8.0.1177U and Microsoft Office and have
connected and set up the HP ScanJet 5590.  When I press the scan button on the
scanner with Jaws running a receive the error message ?hpqscnvw  has
encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."
 I have discovered that the problem is due to HP's Photosmart software.  I
removed the driver's and additional HP software and reinstalled just the
drivers from the HP website.  Issue resolved.

Thank you,

Andrew Muirhead
Phone: 916-966-8313
Fax: 916-244-0582