[j-say list] Jaws hp scanner problem

  • From: Andrew Muirhead <Andrew@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:18:28 -0700

Hi ,

I have a client who was running Jaws 8.0.117, jSay 5.02, Dragon 9.5, Biggy Plus
mouse pointer software by RJ Cooper and a BigKeys keyboard.  This is all
running on a Windows XP SP 2, 3 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM Gateway E4610 computer.
When the client tries to scan something using his HP ScanJet 5590 scanner
drivers will crash if Jaws is running.  If he closes Jaws then scans something
everything is fine.  I've tried reinstalling or repairing everything, but have
not tried a complete rebuild of the computer yet.  Does anybody have any idea
what might be going on.

Thank you,

Andrew Muirhead
Phone: 916-966-8313