[iyonix-support] Re: scan/restore511

  • From: John Ballance <jbwork@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:49:58 +0100

Hi

In message <55685E70-275C-4424-8412-83B72A585491@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry - you can tell I'm not very technical - I kept the item that
> installed 511, but I didn't know whether that was interchangable
> with 'Restore511' and it still worries me that the latter says it is
> not for my machine.

primarily because I got it wrong. The 512 programmer support code is
MAC aware .. and when the restore rom image was copied from your rom
before programming is got incorrectly named.
the restore511 has a file called trom in it, which is your 511 image
from the rom.  the support code expects this file to be named the same
as your MAC.. i.e. 00099500xxxx, where xxxx are the last 4 hex digits of
mac code

mea culpa

John

> On 19 Oct 2006, at 13:54, John wrote:
> > It is always possible that the restorer isn't behaving.. but, hey, you
> > can get the 511
> > programmer by free download from http://www.iyonix.com/updates
>
> ---
> To alter your preferences or leave the group,
> visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support
> Other info via //www.freelists.org/webpage/iyonix-support
> --

John Ballance