[iyonix-support] Re: USB mass storage drivers

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:05:47 GMT

In message <2e68f2e450.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 5 Feb 2010 george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <d799e8e450.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> A short while ago I was looking into installing the faster USB drivers
>> the Jeffrey Lee described on Icon Bar.
>>
>> Then came the discovery that the Iyonix was related to the Tardis and
>> could travel in time and there was much broughhahha
>>
>> In the ensuing excitement I forgot all about the USB improvements, but
>> would now like to take advantage of them.
>>
>> Did they come with the 5.16 ROM? or do they have to be obtained and
>> installed separately?
>>
> They are separate: go to
> https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles
> and download HardDisk4 (RISC OS 5 disc image, including boot sequence
> and applications. Instructions how to proceed and benchmarks are
> covered in TIB's feature by Jeffrey Lee ("New Iyonix USB mass storage
> drivers released" dated 1 Nov '09).

At http://www.iconbar.co.uk/articles/New_Iyonix_USB_mass_storage_drive
rs_released/index1235.html

As Jeffrey points out, the !UnTabBZ2 application has to be downloaded
from the ROOL page and used to extract the !Boot files.   I got some
errors for Apple PS printer driver files not being extracted, but I
don't use an Apple printer so am not worried.

BTW, the latest USB driver files are dated 04 Feb 2010.

Regards

Andrew

--
Andrew Pinder