[iyonix-support] UPSs and reflashing the ROM

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:24:13 +0100

One reason I've not updated from 5.09 is fear of it going horribly
wrong.  Dire warnings about needing not to suffer a power cut are not
helpful because I don't have a direct phoneline to the local power
station and can't arrange for no interruptions to the supply.  I'd be
willing to sacrifice a virgin, if I could find one, if that would help.
Though I might have a better use...

So, I'm wondering if I should buy a simple UPS.  Can anyone recommend
one?  What sort of VA rating?  One I've seen was described as having -
I think - something like a 300W 500VA rating - how come the W figure
isn't the same as the VA one?

How long does a reflash take - is it just a few seconds or minutes or
hours or days?

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.