[iyonix-support] ROM 512 and other updates

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:19:03 +0100

My Iyo has the 5.09 it was shipped with and I've applied no other
updates. The update watcher regularly tells me others are available.

How does it know which to tell me about?  Is it looking up a database
on the upgrade server to see what    I've already downloaded, or does
it look at something on my machine to see what I've installed?

If I install some upgrade and then back it out, does the upgrade
watcher then tell me about it all over again?

If I install 512 does that mean that other upgrades that I've not yet
applied can be ignored?

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.