[iyonix-support] Slow shutdown

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:15:26 +0100

Normally before I shut down my 5.09 Iyonix, I close all on-the-icon-bar
applications.  At the moment that's generally not much more than
Oregano2, FTPc, StrongED and the RAM disk.

I press Menu over the Iyonix iconbar icon and click on Shutdown.  I
wait and wait and wait before the "machine will shut down in 5 seconds"
box comes up.  What on earth is taking so long?  How do I diagnose this?

Machine has one 120GB hard disk in it, plus CDRW, DVDRW drives and the
floppy & card reader thing, but only rarely will any of those drives
actually have been used.

I wonder if disk maps (or something) are being written back to the hard
disk, but if so why does it take so long?

It's frustrating.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.