[iyonix-support] Shutting down Iyonix

  • From: John Devine <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:36:44 +0100

In article <4e4d671181Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4e4d064592john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Devine
> <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > However it won't shut down from either the keyboard or
> > 'Shutdown' from the switcher icon.  It says it's shutting
> > down and the screen goes blank but the green light on the
> > front stays on.

> > Any ideas?

> Try !Bye from my website (Utilities download).

> Ian

Thanks for your suggestion, Ian.  That has exactly the same
effect as the normal shutdown procedure.  ie it says it's
shutting down but doesn't.

In article <44C9C9B3.7060105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It does appear in his case that Shutdown is proceeding
> normally until the point at which PowerOff is applied. John,
> would you like to run the utility called PowerOff (off the
> top of my head, I think it is in $.!Boot.Library, or maybe
> $.!Boot.Utils) and tell us what happens? You should probably
> run a *Shutdown command first (Switcher > New task) to ensure
> that filing systems are shut down properly, and make sure you
> don't have any unsaved work!

> Archer

> End.

That shuts the computer down completely.  So it looks like it's
not getting as far as calling the PowerOff utility in Library.
Any ideas why?

JD

--
John Devine  Bolton  Lancashire UK