[iyonix-support] Re: Shutting down Iyonix

  • From: Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:24:19 +1000

Ian Hamilton wrote:

[snip]
>> However it won't shut down from either the keyboard or 'Shutdown'
>> from the switcher icon.  It says it's shutting down and the
>> screen goes blank but the green light on the front stays on.
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

> Try !Bye from my website (Utilities download).

I don't know what your !Bye application does exactly, but the symptoms
John describes are rather specific, and don't appear to be the result of
applications not shutting down properly (but I guess a module has the
power to break anything.)

It does appear in his case that Shutdown is proceeding normally until
the point at which PowerOff is applied. John, would you like to run the
utility called PowerOff (off the top of my head, I think it is in
$.!Boot.Library, or maybe $.!Boot.Utils) and tell us what happens? You
should probably run a *Shutdown command first (Switcher > New task) to
ensure that filing systems are shut down properly, and make sure you
don't have any unsaved work!

Archer

End.