[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and posts with =20.

  • From: Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:10:35 +0100

In message <40beb9814e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <bc1c7d814e.c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <8b6d127e4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> There are various list
> >> options to control the conversion of messages with attachments and
> >> quoted-printable content. Not all of those are straightforward to
> >> understand, but there is a combination that works. So, the effects we
> >> see are down to incorrect list configuration.
> >
> > So, would it be best if everybody (who could) set their emails to 8bit
> > characters?
>
> No. The current problems need to be fixed to enable the list to handle
> quoted-printable messages correctly.

I agree and UTF-8 should be possible too while at it since that what is
used more and more by now and which is more flexible since it is
basically Unicode!

Or shall we perhaps start reverting back to DOS ASCII characterset with
no top bit characters at all as was probably common before Acorn
invented RISC OS ;-)

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.