[iyonix-support] Re: Power supply? Probably solved?

  • From: Julie <julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:34:07 +0100

On 05 Jul, Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <3a4a1b7650.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 5 Jul 2009  Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> In message <4A4F85B6.10307@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I think I've found the source of the problem, as far as it applies
> > here, anyway. We went out for a brief local walk, before
> > S(WMBO)+(WILAC) got glued to Wimbledon, and, behold, in a neighbouring
> > street, three holes in the ground and a trench, all now filled in,
> > belonging to BT. I had reached Richard @ Orpheus by phone yesterday,
> > and he had said that the symptoms pointed to a line problem, and he
> > does seem to be right.

> On the other hand I had pretty well the same symptoms yesterday as
> well, either very slow or timed out connection, sometimes the PC
> worked for a bit, sometimes the Iyonix. Mail seemed to be mostly OK,
> news failed all day, and browsing was very hit and miss. It all came
> back to life later in the day. So unless you're in the same street as
> me, I think Orpheus had a problem...

It may not just have been Orpheus. I had intermittent problems
reaching the net on and off during the hot weather last week with
Orange. Invariably when this happened the router PPP LED went out,
though the ADSL and all other lights stayed on. (We have a RISC PC, an
Iyonix Panther, and a Macbook going through that router, and they
could all talk to each other, but not to the Web!)

Julie