[iyonix-support] Re: Unknown acronym (OT)

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:05:24 +0100

In article <59527b7650.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Jul 2009  John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <2455018.2331481-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Tennant Stuart <tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> She (who must be obeyed) and ???

> > "Who Is Loved And Cherished", apparently.

> Whom I love and cherish, actually.

Ah, that wasn't the way I read it once upon a time, somewhere else
(probably ZFC, to whose new mailing list I have again tried to subscribe,
by the way, and it has bounced again).

> Note the careful and pedantic placement of the brackets, to
> distinguish "who" from "whom" :-)

I did wonder about those brackets...

Anyway, this isn't an Iyonix-specific matter, though undoubtedly the "Iyo"
has brought some new acronyms to the RISC OS world, such as PCI and a few
others.  If they have been added to the list that Paul Beverley first
assembled, many years ago, there would no doubt be merit in posting a link
to that list here one day.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!