[iyonix-support] Re: Power supply? Probably solved?

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:37:18 +0100

In message <3a4a1b7650.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5 Jul 2009  Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <4A4F85B6.10307@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> I think I've found the source of the problem, as far as it applies
> here, anyway. We went out for a brief local walk, before
> S(WMBO)+(WILAC) got glued to Wimbledon, and, behold, in a neighbouring
> street, three holes in the ground and a trench, all now filled in,
> belonging to BT. I had reached Richard @ Orpheus by phone yesterday,
> and he had said that the symptoms pointed to a line problem, and he
> does seem to be right.

On the other hand I had pretty well the same symptoms yesterday as
well, either very slow or timed out connection, sometimes the PC
worked for a bit, sometimes the Iyonix. Mail seemed to be mostly OK,
news failed all day, and browsing was very hit and miss. It all came
back to life later in the day. So unless you're in the same street as
me, I think Orpheus had a problem...

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx