[iyonix-support] Re: Performance increase with 5.12 rom and new graphics cards

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:14:19 +0200

In message <20061024105523.29392.qmail@idhost>
          "Adrian Lees" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> it says: range   01F00000 03F00000 03F00000
>>
>> So I think that is ok
>
> Wow, somebody with a machine to rival my current (test) setup of
> 2 GF2 and 1 x GF5 with two heads ;)

Well I was sooooo fed up with all the apps opening divided over the 2
screen setup, that I took away my old Iiyama 17 inch TFT from my A7000
and put it next to the 2 Medion 17 inch TFT's on my Iyonix.
;-))
It wasn't untill then that I realized how usefull this setup is; on
the lefthand screen I can handle my laptop which runs TightVNC through
Avalanche (Hey: cut and paste of text works to a certain extent!)
and/or my WinXP machine on the middle screen I do my editing, artworks
or dtp thing and on the right screen there are the RISCOS windows from
which I am cutting, pasting or dragging and dropping. Quite efficient.

The A7000 btw is now handled from the Iyonix through Avalanche. It
still does quite well as a server with WebJames, FTPserver and
mailserver. I even manage one machine in the attick from my Iyonix.

Cheers

Ike

--
De postmaster van feniks.demon.nl