[iyonix-support] Re: Performance increase with 5.12 rom and new graphics cards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:32:42 +0100
On 24 Oct 2006, Adrian Lees wrote:
>> it says: range   01F00000 03F00000 03F00000
>>
>> So I think that is ok
>
> Wow, somebody with a machine to rival my current (test) setup of
> 2 GF2 and 1 x GF5 with two heads ;)
>
>> I am quite sure it is not perceptual.. Especially Artworks windows are
>> slooow. So I'll wait for the updated Geminus.
>
> Then something else is amiss, but I'm at a loss to explain what. The updated
> Geminus is intended only to make GF4/5 cards work, it will not change anything
> wrt your existing GF2 cards.
>
> I'm currently look at what changes Geminus will require to take advantage
> of the GF4/5's dual head capability.

Cool, that will be great.

When you say 'dual head' GF5 card, do you mean it has a dual-output
DVi capability, and is (theoretically at the moment) capable of
driving a SINGLE LCD monitor at mode resolutions greater than the
1200x1920 limit of a single DVi output?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

I'm walking slowly because I may be going in the wrong direction