[iyonix-support] Re: New graphics card and system font

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:32:24 +0100

On 22 Oct 2006 Peter Bell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having installed the new FX5200 graphics card from Castle, I find that
> the display of the system bitmap font (which I use in StrongED and
> Messenger) has become much heavier/bolder than it was before.
>
> Is this a result of having to remove Geminus, or has something else
> disturbed the display of the system font?

It is probably just due to differences in the internal gamma correction
values used by the card, which is more obvious with a bi-level fonts than
other screen objects.

You may either want to adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor
or do gamma correction in software with my !Gamma which can be downloaded
from http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx