[iyonix-support] Re: Help with Linux Installation on an Iyonix

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:53:48 +0100

Hi

list@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 15 Oct, Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You have to install the base files over the internet. They are on
www.iyonix.com in the same path as they would be on a genuine Debian
Linux server.

So if for example the URL for the base files was:
http://ftp.nz.debian.org/path/to/the/base/files  you should use
http://www.iyonix.com/path/to/the/base/files that is leave the path
unaltered.

Thank you.
[snip]
After that you can continue the install process from any media you
may have got e.g. CD-ROM, DVD or the internet.

Two files were d/loaded, apparently, rescue.bin and drivers.tgz.

But when 'Configure device driver modules' chosen:
'A note ... Remember that many drivers are already included in the running kernel...'

Problem. No modules were found in /target/lib/modules/2.4.27-iyonix

2.4.27 .. this will be the issue .. the online support was for an earlier version. 2.4.27 is a later build that is online ..modules in drivers.tgz from iyonix.com are for 2.4.22

John

that could be configured. Please install the kernel modules first by
running the 'Configure device driver modules' step.

So that's the end of that, it seems! 'Configure device driver modules'
gets me 'Problem' which asks me to 'Configure ...'
About now some might say have you paid for them?

Are these base-files chargeable items?

Brian

--
John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 0871 789 1861