[iyonix-support] Re: Help with Linux Installation on an Iyonix

  • From: Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:35:04 +0200

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, list@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am stuck trying to install debian. I have RO 5.13, with the standard
(original) video card. I fitted a 60GB hddrive, and with !HForm made a

First tip is to disable !HID, as Linux won't boot if it has been active.

2GB ADFS bit, and copied these into it:

Dir. ADFS::HardDisc6.$
!dInstall    D/WR    Directory 13:25:10 26-Feb-2004 2048  bytes
!dRun        D/WR    Directory 22:13:01 09-Aug-2003 2048  bytes
!LinLoader   D/WR    Directory 22:13:01 09-Aug-2003 2048  bytes
zImage       WR/     Data      01:19:59 04-Dec-2014 1379 Kbytes

Running !dInstall I went through most of the procedure.

The partition table reads:
/dev/hdd1  -- not mounted--  ADFS
/dev/hdd3  swap              Linux swap (ARM Linux)
/dev/hdd4  /target           Linux ext2 (ARM Linux)
/dev/hda1  -- not mounted--  ADFS
/dev/hdb1  -- not mounted--  ADFS

BUT when I got to 'Please select the medium you will use to install
the system'. What's the correct option if I'm not using a CD?

You have to install the base files over the internet. They are
on www.iyonix.com in the same path as they would be on a genuine
Debian Linux server.

So if for example the URL for the base files was:
http://ftp.nz.debian.org/path/to/the/base/files  you should use
http://www.iyonix.com/path/to/the/base/files that is leave the path
unaltered.

I first chose Hard disc, but 'No ext2, minix, msdos, affs, hfs
partitions that had not already been mounted were detected.'

Choosing 'mounted' led to
Select partition, '/target: dev/hdd4'
Select Debian archive: 'list'
'File Not Found. The installation program couldn't find any dirctory
containing the file rescue  .bin, iyonix drivers.tgz.'

As shown above, you have to get these files from Castle's site, as they
are patched versions especially suitable for the IYONIX only.
After that you can continue the install process from any media you may
have got e.g. CD-ROM, DVD or the internet.

Good luck,
Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert                       mailto:iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx