[iyonix-support] Re: !FreeTime not working

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:31:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "CJE Sales" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:29 PM
Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: !FreeTime not working

Demon have recently renamed their time server to ntp2.demon.co.uk,
apparently. We have also found a server at Manchester Uni (thanks to Richard
at Orpheus), which is ntp2d.mmc.ac.uk which we're using with Freetime here

Thanks, Andrew.

"ntp2.demon.co.uk" does indeed work OK with FreeTime as does "ntp2d.mmc.ac.uk" albeit somewhat more slowly. I accept that the "ntp.demon.co.uk" no longer works but I have to wonder why they changed the name! I wonder also why the other two servers I mentioned don't work. Anyway all is now well again.

Thanks & regards
John Grogan

To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit http://www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support
Other info via http://www.freelists.org/webpage/iyonix-support