[iyonix-support] !FreeTime not working

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:18:45 +0100

Hello, all,

I have been using !Freetime on my Iyonix for a number of years with the same internet setup (Linksys router + VirginMedia Cable Broadband) without any problem. In the last week or two, however, !Freetime seems unable to get a response from any time servers (ntp.demon.co.uk, ntp.virginmedia.com, time.windows.com). I have upped the timeout from 5 secs to 60 secs but this hasn't helped.

The Windows time server is still accessible from the Windows PC on the same network. I've been running RiscOS 5.16 since January and I haven't consciously made any alterations to the system since then. LanMan and Oregano are still running OK so I presume there's nothing generally wrong with the network side of things

Anyone any ideas?

TIA
John Grogan

---