[iyonix-support] Re: !FreeTime not working

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:15:11 +0100

On 3 Aug 2010  John Williams <JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <581F93F16220492295BDF12A61E83E9F@PC01>,
>    John Grogan <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Anyone any ideas?

> Works here using 'ntp.maths.tcd.ie' though I normally rely on the Iyonix
> internal time synchronisation in preference nowadays.

> This is currently using 'ntp.exnet.com'.

> You are posting from Windows, so I can't see what OS version you are using
> on the Iyonix.  Automatic time synchronisation was introduced some time
> ago, so FreeTime should no longer be neccessary.

I don't think that time synchronisation was automatically installed. I
certainly had to install NetTime manually. I agree that FreeTime
shouldn't be needed, and NetTime is a lot more accurate anyway.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Lu       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.