[iyonix-support] Re: Formatting hard drive

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:30:17 +0100

In message <f7b0262352.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all

[snip]

> 2. Copy over the remaining approx. 60Gb of backed-up hard disk
> contents from the NAS
>      - but presumably, restoring the !Boot file as in step 1.
>      would also restore LM98 and the network settings?
>
> Any comments/warnings/advice on the above gratefully received!
>
> George

LM98 is in my Utilities directory rather than in !Boot, so that would
have to be accessible either from floppy or better, from a memory
stick (along with !Boot) to enable the network to be restored. The key
issue seems to be whether the USB driver is held in ROM and therefore
available post reformatting.

George