[iyonix-support] Formatting hard drive

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:16:05 +0100

Hi all

I may need to format my hard drive due to mapping problems. My !Boot
file is approx 3.6Gb in size and I'm using RO 5.16. I have backed up
the entire disk contents to a NAS drive on my LAN. As far as I can
see, after reformatting the HD I will need to do the following:

1. Restore the !Boot file
     - either from the NAS (requiring re-establishment of
     LanMan98 and the network settings);

     - or from a USB memory stick (requiring an operational USB
     driver - is the USB driver in ROM under 5.16?).

2. Copy over the remaining approx. 60Gb of backed-up hard disk
contents from the NAS
     - but presumably, restoring the !Boot file as in step 1.
     would also restore LM98 and the network settings?

Any comments/warnings/advice on the above gratefully received!

George