[iyonix-support] Re: "CD-ROM drive not found"

  • From: Jim Nagel <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 00:39:18 +0100

A Rawnsley  wrote on 23 Sep:
> Start by F12 and then *CDFS    then   *CDDEVICES
> I'll assume this will come up with no devices found.

True.

> If CDFSsoftATAPI is active, that should detect IDE CD/DVD drives
> automatically, and no other modules should be needed except CDFS
> itself and CDFSfiler (which are both active from what you've said).

True.

> Can't recall off the top of my head if they're in OS5, but CDFSdriver
> and CDFSresources should probably both be active too:
>      *RMreinit CDFSdriver
>      *RMreinit CDFSresources

CDFSdriver is active (without need for reinit).
CDFSresources I do not have.  It exists on my RiscPC downstairs
(4.39), but not on this Iyonix (5.18).

Physical cables look OK.  The jumpers (if any) on all drives (two
harddrives, 1 CD) are as they were when I purchased the Iyonix from
Castle -- I have never had need to fiddle with them.

Will try the drive in another machine if necessary.

Hmm, A couple of weeks ago I added an IDE-to-Compactflash adapter to
that same chain of ribbon cable that serves the harddrives and CD
drive.  Could that somehow have caused the CD to go invisible?  Will
remove it and report back.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk