[iyonix-support] "CD-ROM drive not found"

  • From: Jim Nagel <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:19:55 +0100

I asked this in c.s.a.misc but drew a blank there.  Maybe somebody on
this list knows the solution.

My Iyonix has one CD drive showing on the iconbar and a disc is in the
drive (LED lit up when I inserted it).  Clicking the iconbar produces:
     Message from CDFS Filer
     CD-ROM drive not found

The commands *modules and *rommodules show several items called
CDFSxxx.  None of them are dormant and nothing is unplugged.

Among the active modules is CDFSsoftATAPI, which was the key to the
same "not found" situation on the RiscPC (where this module was
unplugged), but that isn't the magic bullet here on the Iyonix.

Any advice, please?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   See you at London?   www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk   October 27