[iyonix-support] Re: Alt-Select Click renaming bug

  • From: "Ste (PlusNet)" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:42:02 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Nov, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Currently I am attracted to the view that QuickFiler may be to blame.

For the avoidance of doubt, there are a couple of issues here:

1) sometimes, you alt-click a leaf name, make your edit and press return only
   for the original leaf name to remain.

2) sometimes (when running QuickFiler), you alt-click a leaf name, make your
   edit and press return only for the file to be run (or directory opened)
   and the original leaf name remains.

The former is a filer bug. I found and fixed something in exactly that area
of the filer which (although I couldn't test it) looked a lot like it would
cause the fault.

The latter is a problem with interaction with QuickFiler. I've no idea why
it happens or what's to blame but you'll certainly never see it unless you
have QuickFiler installed (or perhaps something else which does the same
job).

My personal opinion is that the QuickFiler functionality (which is a bodge
in many ways) should be integrated into the Filer seeing as the full source
code is now out there. Perhaps Martin Avison could be persuaded to do that
or someone else could do it on his behalf.

Steve

--
Steve @ PlusNet