Re: Return Nothing from Web Publishing?

  • From: "Craft, Steve" <SCraft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:20:03 -0500

I want to provide some security by obscurity.  I don't like telling the
world that I am "unbreakable" (anti-Ellison jab intended).  If the ICMP
filter can reject anything, why can't the web filter?

Is there a way to change the 12202 message?

-origmsg-
Re: Return Nothing from Web Publishing?It doesn't work like that. ISA plays
"by the rules" (RFC).  If a connection is attempted to its web = services,
it's bound to respond negatively when appropriate. You can't tell ISA to
just "play dumb" in this case. What's wrong with letting them know you have
ISA protecting you?  If = it's properly configured, they can't touch you
anyway.