  From: Craft, Steve
  To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
  Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 06:42
  Subject: [isalist] Re: Return Nothing from Web Publishing?

  http://www.ISAserver.org

  That's not exactly what I mean.  If I do that, then none of my web publishing
works (it defeats the "allow" packet filter I already have for port 80).  I
want to reject all traffic from any source IP that tries to connect directly to
the IP number interface on the ISA host.

  What I mean is that I want to let in any web traffic to any published site
using web publishing.  But if anyone tries to use the external IP number, they
will get "truly rejected" - ISA will not say "403 Forbidden...Internet Security
and Acceleration Server", it will just return nothing and timeout the browser.
I don't want to advertise  what I use for security, I just want to reject the
packets destined for a given destination set.

  Help?

  --origmsg--

  Return Nothing from Web Publishing?If you want to reject all requests = based
on source IP, then create a packet filter that denies all = protocols for a
given source IP address.