Question

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:02:30 -0500

I have a client that is seriously thinking of using Nitix as their
firewall. Does anyone know the good, the bad, and the ugly with Nitix?

Basically they are looking at:

Net Integrator Micro II Server with Nitix SB &5 Users
Two-year hardware warranty extension (3 years total)
Two-year extended Nitix Software Assurance (3 years total)
Three-year AntiSpam Subscription
Three-year Nitix Antivirus Subscription

$1767 CAD

They claim to be able to keep client machines on the network virus free?
I really didn't think you could do this with a firewall. (call me dumb)

Andrew